Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The baby arrives!

I'm finally starting a blog for baby Valerie. I know it's a few months late, but like the old saying goes 'Better late than never'. So here I am, doing the very first post. Hmm.. how shall I start? Okie, here goes...

Baby Valerie Chen Wei Yee was born on 26th Nov 2008 @ 3.0kg (although personally I have wanted her to be born 2 days later which is 28th, cos daddy and mommy birthdates are both 28th Sept and 28th Oct... and if she's 28th Nov.. how coool is that?? :) ) Oh well.. anyway, she ended up chosing birth date same as her 'yee yee' (my sis) which is 26th.. Not ideal but is fine really..

When she was born, I was partially conscious, due to the spinal injection and my belly was being cut open, all I could hear was 2 cries and then that's it. After that was total silent, except the doctors and nursers busy moving about (no idea what they were doing) I suppose they were sewing me back. I asked Ivan 'How come the baby doesn't cry anymore?' And he said 'She suck her own thumb and went back to sleep'. When the nurse finally brought her over for me to have a look, my first thot was 'There she is... my very first baby!!!... perfect with all her little fingers and toes... but she looks like daddy doesn't she??' I had so wanted her to look more like me... after all I carried her for 9 months and gave birth to her didn't I?? Anyway I know how baby face changes over time, so I secretly hope she will look more like me eventually :)

No comments:

Post a Comment