Wednesday, December 31, 2008

First Outing to Mid Valley

It's the last day of 2008 and we decided to bring baby Valerie out for the first time. Destination: Mid Valley. Agenda: Lunch. We picked Mid Valley because I wanted to see the Christmas deco for the year. It's always been a sort of annual thing for Ivan and myself. We would always snap a pic at the centre court concourse, whatever the Christmas deco would be. We thought this through and through and it sounded like a do-able outing. Worse case scenario, if baby Valerie ever end up wailing or screaming, we would just run straight to the car and drive home. :D

We parked at the Gardens because I knew their babies rooms were great. I mean I have done some research before giving birth and discovered that the babies rooms there were very private. You could have one room all to yourself with changing facilities, sink and toilet. So in case anything happens, you know.. this would be a good backup.

I had in my mind to try out Sushi Zanmai as I was dying for Japs food. I have restrained myself from taking any sashimis since the start of my pregnancy, so I've been looking forward to this. When we reached the entrance of the restaurant, we learned one thing as new parents. Errm.. this place was not child friendly. There was no place to put the baby stroller as the tables were too near to each other. So we went off to the Thai restaurant next to it instead.


We timed everything as precisely as possible. Baby Valerie was still sound asleep throughout the entire outing, until the middle of our lunch. Halfway through my plate of mee, she woke up fussing. After feeding her, she kept looking around, thrilled by all the different lightings. Then we headed off to the centre court for our Christmas pic. Baby was all busy looking around with amusement in her eyes. Such an explorer!

About an hour later, baby Valerie lost her patience and started crying instead. So I held her while we walked back to the carpark. In the car, she wanted to nurse immediately but I was not nursing attired. Another mistake that I've learned. Always, always wear nursing blouse if you are breastfeeding. If not, carry extra milk around.

It was only later that I found out that babies need comforting thru breastfeeding after being overwhelmed by their environment around. In fact, a couple more outings down the road proved this theory to be true. Anyway, the outing turned out well and I felt this was a good breather after being homebound for a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment