Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Photo Memory Training

Thanks to one mommy whom I met online, she told me about this shop called 'Kids Station' at Endah Parade which sells right brain training material. So I went to take a look during lunch time with my colleagues. The shop sells a lot of brain training activities which are very interesting. What caught my eye was the Eye Training Set which comprises of 4 categories: Photo Memory, Colour Differentiation, Space Memory and Instant Memory.

The lady in charge was very pleasant and even sat us down to explain how the activities are played. So in the end, I bought the set at RM78. She told me these sets are made and sold by Shichida mommies themselves. Although I know the materials can easily be self-made but since I need a sampling so I just bought one set to try it out first.

When I took out the set at night, Valerie quickly walked towards me as if she knew that's something new for her to play. As recommended, we should start with 2 objects and show to your child about a few seconds. Then get your child to put the objects on the card based on what he/she can remember.

For very young kids, we are told to put the velcro sticker on the spots so to help them to know where to put the objects. Valerie was very excited and she loved all the activities played, but she has no patience to wait for the few seconds. I'm not even sure she knows she's supposed to stick it according to what she sees. She just couldn't wait to get her hands on the colourful objects and stick it on the card.

After 2 sessions, I've decided to increase it to 4 objects instead since it's pretty boring with only 2. Afterall, it's a 50-50 chance of getting it right. But I have to admit, I didn't follow through to putting the objects at different position every time we played it. I put them at the same spots instead to let her know it's supposed to the same as the one on my card. I know this is not much of photo training then :P

So after about 5 sessions, I managed to catch her on video doing the Photo Memory activity. Pretty impressive... eh?? Too bad I recorded using the wrong angle, sigh..


There are many more interesting stuff sold there like a set of 50 Mandaras for you to practice with your kid, Tangrams and Linked Memory. The mandara set looks interesting, maybe I'll get that when Valerie is old enough to understand the activity. I didn't get to see the Linked Memory set because they were all sold out. There are also memory boards games, flash cards and many more. Do check out their website to view their catalogues http://www.kids.net.my/

No comments:

Post a Comment