Friday, October 22, 2010

Tantrum at Shopping Mall

These days, I feel Valerie has started to enjoy pretend play. Give her any soft toy and she will hold one in each hand and make them kiss or take rides together. Her favourite is feeding the 'bunny' or the 'bear' her milk bottle. At night, in order to get her to drink water, I first have to offer to Mr. Bear, then to her and then both Mr. Bear and herself will take turns drinking water.

Last Sunday, while we were waiting for daddy and grandma to go to the toilet, Valerie saw this 'car' parked near where we stood. Since the person-in-charge didn't mind, I let Valerie climbed in. This is the first time she ever got into her own version of a car.

She was busy turning the steering wheel while opening and closing the door, pretending she's really driving. I could see she thoroughly enjoyed it.

About 10-15 mins later, when grandma and daddy were back, I told Valerie we needed to go home. She shook her head and continued to turn her wheels. When I open the door, she closed it back. Then I tried talking to her but she just ignored me.

Grandma then told me to hide at one corner to see if she would be scared and looked for us. After a while she did stop and turn around to look for us. When she couldn't see us, she continue playing!! She has so much confidence that mommy wouldn't abandoned her!

In the end, I just opened the car door and forcefully took her out of the car. She was wailing loudly from the shopping mall, to the carpark and into the car. After taking her milk, she remembered again and started to whine. Gosh... looks like she's getting more persistent about the things she wants these days. Another sign of Terrible Two coming up??

No comments:

Post a Comment