Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Parent Deaf - First Sign of Toddler delinquency

Do kids get naughtier or so to say 'more opinionated' after going to school? She seems to be showing tantrums more these days. Or maybe I should say her 'terrible twos' came a year later. What's more annoying is she has learned the art of 'parent deaf'. She only responds after I called her like 10 times?

When I say 'No' to something, she will do it. When I say 'Do something', she will not do it. So my latest strategy is simply to reverse the psychology. If I want her to come, I simply tell her 'Don't come to mommy, ok... Don't disturb mommy.' Immediately she will grin and then as expected, come running to mommy.

If I say 'Come here, Valerie... come to mommy', she will pretend not to hear it and walk further away. Sigh.. annoying isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment