Monday, February 20, 2012

Having a Maid = Less Time with Valerie?

Our maid, Ann has arrived 2 weeks ago. So far everything has gone pretty well and Valerie warmed up to 'kakak' almost immediately. Oh well, she normally warmed up to anyone easily. Something that Ivan said he needs to worry about when she gets older :P

With the 2nd baby due in few weeks time, I delegated some 'Valerie tasks' to Ann like bathing and feeding on weekends, getting her ready for school and for bed. Since we still prefer our current nanny to take care of her, so that's basically all Ann is required to do. The best part is I'm finally able to attend church service together with Ivan while Ann brings her to Sunday School. It has been almost 3 years since I last sat quietly with Ivan in a service. Such bliss !

Although we're starting to enjoy a little more free time to ourselves, I can't help but to feel a bit guilty for spending less time with Valerie. Being a hands-on mom for the last 3 years, I feel it's the little things we do with our child that makes our relationship special. I actually miss the times we spent in the bathroom, teaching her how to blow bubbles or fill the teacup with 'real' water while trying to shampoo her and cleaning her up. And we had such fun that sometimes Ivan wonder what we're doing inside.

And although I can finally sit in the service and despite how I complained about having to bring Valerie to Sunday School whole of last year, I kind of miss being there with her. Now I'm not able to see how she behaves in the class or know what she is learning. I still remember how she was adamant to pull 2 chairs and put side by side so that she could sit on one while mommy sat on the other one next to year. Now I'm just like the rest of the parents, queuing up to pick up their kids after service.

Another thing is with Kakak at the car backseat with her now, I no longer get to hug her or sit and sing with her. I can hear a lot of movements and noise coming from behind with Kakak having no control of her. Sometimes, she does demand that mommy to sit behind with her. Secretly, I do wish I'm the one sitting at the back, playing games with her and hugging her.

I don't know, feel kind of strange. I feel like taking back all those 'Valerie tasks' but then I guess I need to let go. After all things will change again when baby no. 2 arrives. I just need to hug her more and tell her I love her whenever I can. I feel that's the best I can do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment