Friday, January 25, 2013

Little Ballerina

I have decided to send Valerie to ballet class after she has pestered me a few times. She must have picked this up from her many Barbie cartoons. Do you notice all the Barbie cartoons only dances to Ballet?

I've brought her to a trial class last Friday and she totally loves it! I noticed how the teacher taught them to sit with correct posture, to stand up straight with no 'donald duck' butt and how to jump high up. There were also some hands movement and dancing to a short piece of music.

I've met a mommy there and apparently she told me this place teaches classical ballet, while another centre teaches modern ballet. Okie, I don't really know the difference but I suppose anything classical is probably better in terms of training the kids to have the correct fundamentals.

I've also asked the centre if they normally organise concerts to showcase what the kids have learned, but she said the last time they had one was few years ago. It would be nice if the parents could see some 'results' of sending their kids to learn something. I've also asked about ballet certifications, and only children age 7 and above go for exams.

Anyway, a few days later, we have her registered and she's given her own ballet uniform. I could see her eyes glow with delight when she was trying on her pink leotard and ballet shoes. Look how happy this little ballerina is. She loves the ballet costume so much that she refused to take it off after she reached home, even wanted to wear it to sleep!

I hope she can keep this excitement up and show me some ballet moves later.

No comments:

Post a Comment