Friday, September 24, 2010

The Elves and the Shoemaker... (not again!!)

And the best-read book of the month is.......... "The Elves and the Shoemaker"... Sigh... Ivan and myself has reached the point of shivering just by hearing the title. Valerie absolutely loves this book! I bought three new books for her to read and this has top the list of nine books that she has.

She wants this book to be read every night... and not just once... five to six times!! Over again and again until I had to put a stop to it. I've tried to distract her with other titles but nope, she would grab this book and put on my lap again, and pushed the other book away. Don't know what's so attractive about this book, is it the shoes... cos I know she has a love for shoes (another post on this), or is it the cute elves? Or is it my impersonation of a sneezing elf?

I'm really going nuts reading this. In the end, to kill my boredom, I've read it at different speed. I think this is one way to train speed reading in Heguru.

But one thing that has been very impressive is how Valerie could remember which page corresponds to which dialog/story line for nine books! Sometimes she would pick up a book, open a page at random and say 'No....'. And that is exactly the dialog of that page... Another time, she would say 'Hello....' and that's correct too. Although that book has only been read four times. Even I couldn't have remembered which page is what if I don't know how to read. Maybe her memory training is starting to pay off? Hehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment