Saturday, November 13, 2010

Activity on Colours

I've finally made one activity for Valerie to practice her colours. I printed a picture of a tree and 4 colours of berries. Then I cut them out and got them laminated. As usual, when Valerie came home from nanny, she saw the 'Tree of Berries' and pointed to it. She knew it's another game.

I sat Valerie down and ask her to pick the 'Red' berries. She picked the first 2 correctly, after that she couldn't wait to get her hands on the other colours. After that Ivan played the same activity with her again while I bathed and asked her to pick 'Blue' berries. Again she got the first 2 correct, and then she started picking other colours.

So Ivan and myself figured that she knew the colours but she only got the patience to pick first 2 berries correctly.

Another time, while I was doing homework with her, she picked the Orange crayon. As she was doodling, while I was colouring her Mandara diagram, she suddenly pointed and said 'Orange'. I was quite surprised. I guess she knew her colours after all.

For those who would like a copy of this activity, feel free to email me. I haven't figured out how to share this on the post yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment