Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Toothbrush

Recently I've added tootbrush picture into the flash card collection to teach Valerie. Now whenever I brush my teeth, she will point to the toothbrush to indicate she knows what it is and wants to have her hands on it.

So I washed her tiny toothbrush which I've bought months ago and showed it to her, she was so excited. But I kept it away and told her to drink her milk first, then water n then we will brush her teeth. (Currently I used a wash cloth with the baby toothpaste to wipe her teeth before sleeping.

Valerie seemed to understand and she quickly lie on my arm n drank her bottle of milk. When she's done, she point to her toothbrush. Then I said, 'Drink water first'. She opened her mouth and gulped down some water from her water bottle. Then again, she pointed to her toothbrush.

I put a little toothpaste on and slowly guided her how to brush her teeth from top to bottom. She smiled and I could see she felt a bit funny hearing the 'slush slush' sound of brushing. Then she tried it on her own. Valerie seemed to enjoy it, so I'm planning to try the brushing teeth routine with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment